SAP HANA Introduction
SAP HANA system administrators are liable for installing and ensuring constant operation of all SAP HANA databases organized in the corporate environment. Suitable managing of SAP HANA necessitates a solid sympathetic of its interior mechanics to interpret the metrics that are monitored and their impact on system and application presentation, as well as its administration and tooling abilities to plan and execute a suitable database management policy.
In this course, we’ll study about the different tasks offered to manage SAP HANA systems, with all administration tool, containing SAP HANA cockpit web-based tool. We’ll observe the operations offered for mutually single and multiple database administration, resource monitoring, configuration management, and backup and regaining. We’ll also discover features that affect performance, such as examining memory usage, SQL statements, and workloads.
Features of SAP HANA
The key features of SAP HANA are given below −
- SAP HANA is a mixture of software and hardware modernization to process a vast amount of real-time data.
- Built on multi-core architecture in a distributed system environment.
- Built on row and column type of data storage in the database.
- Used broadly in Memory Computing Engine (IMCE) to process and analyze the massive amount of actual-time data.
- It decreases the cost of ownership, increases application performance, enables new applications to run on actual time environments that were not possible before.
- Basic sympathetic of SAP HANA, Linux, and System Administration
Course Learning Summary
- Get and enrich data and load to SAP HANA
- Build information that runs on an SAP HANA data exemplary
- Get ongoing with the application progress environment
- Appreciate the key concepts of SAP HANA
- Work with the various SAP HANA interfaces used by creators and administrators
- Make a data model using SAP HANA modeling tools
SAP HANA Vendors
Top few Vendors contain −
- Lenovo (China)
Need for SAP HANA
HANA overpowers the limitations stated below −
- Owing to the increase in “Data Volume”, it is a challenge for the companies to run access to actual-time data for analysis and business use.
- It includes great maintenance costs for IT companies to store and retain large data volumes.
- Owing to the unavailability of real-time data, analysis and dispensation results are delayed.
SAP HANA Database & Platform
- SAP HANA Database – SAP HANA Database is a hybrid in–memorial database. SAP HANA Database is the temperament of SAP in-memory technology. Now SAP HANA, Database board are of two kinds –
- Row Store
- Column Store
SAP HANA Advantages
- Through In-Memory Technology users can explore and analyze all transactional and analytic data in actual time from practically any data source.
- Data can be accumulated from many bases.
- Real-time replication services can be used to access and duplicate data from SAP ERP.
- SQL and MDX border from third event provision.
- It offers info modeling and design environment.